We are committed to providing our clients with the best possible experience. If you feel our service has fallen short in any way, please let us know so we can try and put things right.
You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling us on 03 974-1598, or writing to us at Terry Looyer Insurance, 51 Chesterfield Mews, Russley, Christchurch 8042.
Our internal complaints process is as follows:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately.
- If we are not able to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaint within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time or information to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
How your complaint will be handled
When a complaint is made, our primary goal is to resolve the issue as quickly, fairly and transparently as we can.
If you make a complaint we will:
Acknowledge your complaint within two business days.
- Consider and investigate your complaint thoroughly.
- Keep a record of your complaint.
- Keep you up to date with progress.
- Respond to your complaint within 10 working days.
In many cases, we will be able to resolve the issue or concern with you directly. If for any reason that is not possible, the broker will refer the complaint to management and notify you accordingly.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint
We expect our response will address your concerns satisfactorily but if you feel your concerns have not been appropriately considered, we invite you to submit additional information for consideration.
If despite our best efforts we are unable to resolve your complaint, you can refer the complaint to our external dispute resolution scheme, a free and independent service.
Independent Dispute Resolution
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within 20 working days to your satisfaction, or if you decide not to use our internal complaints scheme, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL).
FSCL offers a free and independent dispute resolution service and may help investigate or resolve your complaint.
The contact details for FSCL are:
- PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145
- 0800 347 257